FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:40 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Raynyan
InterContinental Osaka

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes as always.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the Deluxe Room Received Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence Suite with Club Access. Usually they don't upgrade to this room from the Deluxe Room, but due to high occupancy of holiday season, They offered 5?6 level upgrade.

How are the rooms?
108sqm suite well appointed room. Total room size is huge, but each room sizes are smaller than the One Bed Room Residence Suite. 3x 45inch LCD TV, Bose surround audio system, Kitchenette and Washing Machine have equipped. Great mini-bar selections (Japanese SAKE, SUNTORY's high-end Japanese whisky "Hibiki", and the House wine was the 3rd label of Chateau Haut Brion, of course full-bottle! Moreover, recently they added half bottle of Louis-Roederer Champagne in the mini-bar!^^^)

Video of Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence Suite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPMAoOb2AM

How is the exec. lounge?
Still keeping one of the best F&B services in Japanese InterContinental. Great Liquor selections in the cocktail time included Louis-Roederer Champagne and Remy Matine XO Cognac.

What was your welcome gift?
Two of Full bottle of Louis-Roederer Champagne (Brut&Rose), TWG Tea set.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Great Fitness room, SPA, Club rounge F&B presentation, and good quality of bath amenities.

What was bad?
Nothing.

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes, Absolutely.

Would you return?
Definitely.
Wow - this is VERY impressive. My most recent experience with IC Osaka was this April, where I had an okay size room, TWG as welcome gift, and the usual (impressive) minibar, with two (very decent) full bottles of white/red and a vintage nihon-shuu. And no lounge access, several times in a row now. But two bottles of Louis Roederer!? I feel like I should revisit them.