FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:51 pm
brodielayne

"I guess I was more curious if anyone has ever experienced anything like that. The original rep argued with me and got nasty, and the supervisor also argued and got nasty. She never conceded or said I was right, or anything, just gave me a pissy "I will just refund the miles" and when I tried to explain and clarify why I thought I was right and asked if maybe I misunderstood something, she just gave me a short "I already said I was refunding them." Obviously a lot of pissed off people over there right now.

I will say I was surprised compared to UA, who once changed something in a similar way due to a flight being cancelled (which did not even happen here...the same original flights are still operating so I still never got an answer as to why they changed my bookings to completely new routings and class), but UA proactively returned the mileage difference into my account without my asking. Irritating that had I not been checking here, they would have seen fit to rob me of almost $200 in miles."

Did you kill them with kindness? My guess is no and therefore they did the minimum they had to for you. Regardless of who is right or wrong, kill them with kindness and usually you will prosper. DYKWIA gets you nowhere when a resolution to a complaint is needed.