FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A350 general discussion
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:59 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by botfly
As I would like to take the inaugural A350 CX flight, does any one know whether the HKG-LGW route on 2-SEP would be the first ever long haul a350 flight by CX? I just afraid that CX may use a350 for existing long haul routes prior to that date.

thanks.
1.) CX will be running months' of A350 commercial operations around Asia before commencing long-haul. Some short-haul route will be CX's A350 "inaugural" flight.

2.) The first long-haul route is scheduled to be AKL, not LGW. Tentatively in May. Given the delivery schedule, it seems possible LGW won't even be the 2nd long-haul destination....it's possible an existing longhaul destination swaps from 77W or gets an additional frequency using A350 between the AKL launch and September's LGW launch. Although regardless, I don't think the first A350 long-haul flight will be treated as an "inaugural" flight. CX has already telegraphed its first commercial A350 flights will be regional.

3.) Both Airbus and Rolls have been alluding to potential delays to CX's first aircraft lately, due to a business class seat issue. Deliveries were scheduled to start Feb but Airbus recently implied the initial date could slip to March or later.