FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATM in ICN (Incheon International Airport)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:58 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by B407
That's promising to hear. Unfortunately, I'll be arriving in ICN alone and then taking the all stop train to meet up with some friends so need to have some cash on me to buy the ticket. I find it odd, that public transport in Korea hasn't adopted credit card payments
Many other countries do the same thing, transit only accepts credit cards for advanced purchase for people from that country. The UK and Spain come to mind immediately.
I'm sure it has to do with preventing fraud.

As noted, when you exit the immigration/customs hall, there are MANY ATM's all over. I took the train last year, and I'd guess there were at least 10 ATM's between when I exited customs on the way to the train station.

Also as noted, you can buy a T-money card (I think in the convenience store at the airport), then use that for the train into town. I did that last year at least. I can't remember if they took a credit card or not.