FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MUC-CPH-LHR-JFK-IAD-LHR-MUC-LHRYx2Jx2Fx2 // D'Angleterre-The Surrey-Mandarin Oriental
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:09 am
BW0807

MUC-CPH-LHR-JFK-IAD-LHR-MUC-LHRYx2Jx2Fx2 // D'Angleterre-The Surrey-Mandarin Oriental

Background

Having been on secondment in Munich for the last 6 months, and having decided we should go to New York for Christmas last year and not gone, it seemed like this year I was on the hook for delivering as promised.

"Women always worry about the things that men forget; Men always worry about the things women remember." - Albert Einstein

So that was sorted - we would be in New York for Christmas, but I made myself a promise last time I visited the USA (2009!) that when I went back to the East Coast, it would involve Washington so I could visit my favourite pizza restaurant, and hope to high heaven that it was indeed as good as I remember it, or forever ruin the family memory from 6 years ago! Hence the detour.

The next slightly complicated part was that I needed to be in London (stress needed) to go out with 23 of my buddies for New Year's Eve, but I also had to sign out of my apartment in Munich on 31 December, and not knowing how much stuff I would have I might need to return to Munich to pick up and extra suitcase (that I didn't want to haul to the US) - so the routing became a whole lot more convoluted – particularly after the PHL-MUC flight was cancelled by AA.

Itinerary

Onto the specifics that I know you my dear readers really care about I booked:

Flights

SAS MUC-CPH Y
BA CPH-LHR J
BA LHR-JFK F
BA IAD-LHR F
BA LHR-MUC J
BA MUC-LHR Y - (Flexible separate ticket - booked by my firm when I came out here so the outbound was back in July).

Hotels

D'Angleterre Copenhagen 1 night
The Surrey New York 4 nights
Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C 3 nights

The report will primarily be written in dead time e.g. on the plane and or trains, and airport lounges etc. over the next 8 days, anything I can’t finish will be completed shortly after getting back home.

I hope you enjoy the report.

Want to know where I'm going next?

LGW-VIE-LGW BA Y // Sofitel Stephansdom (February 2016)
LHR-BOS-DTW-ORD-LHR VS J DL J/F // Fairmont Copley Plaza - Park Hyatt Chicago (April 2016)
LGW-ARN-DOH-SIN-HKG-BJS-PVG-DOH-ARN-LHR QR J CX J BA Y DY Y // Mandarin Oriental - The Peninsula - Hilton Wangfujing - Four Seasons Pudong (May 2016)