FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthdays in HKG + SYD (CX F/J, QF J, HA F)
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:50 pm
lmwong1977

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Day 1: CX J HKG-SYD + Radisson Blu Sydney

HKG Lounge - The Wing
There wasn't much set up in the buffets when I first came in, but I found a plate of Tim Tams perfect for my trip!

I spent a bit of time sending emails and uploading a few pictures to my sister of my adventures after she left. Read a few newspapers and found the Noodle Bar!

I know - won ton again?

You could also order buns at the noodle bar, so of course I had some. One custard and one BBQ pork bun

HKG-SYD - Business
There was a lot of turbulence throughout the flight so half of my pictures came out blurry. The J seat was the usual 777

Supper
Fruit mix, savory dip (hummus?) with breadsticks, plus garlic bread

Sauteed Prawns with Kung Po Sauce, Choy Sum and Steamed Rice

Too full for desert (fruit with syrup), so had tea - no tea pot in J and one praline

Breakfast
OJ and roll (off camera), Fresh fruit, Greek yogurt with apricot compote and granola

Dace Fish Julienne with Pak Choy Congee, Served with Pan-fried Turnip Cake with Preserved Meats

SYD
Baggage takes forever - the priority tag is useless. I think early in-town check in just shunts your bag to the back of the plane as your bag is the first loaded. No big deal, not like I'm on a schedule.

Two years ago there was no Opal card (for tourists at least) - their Clipper/Oyster/Octopus card equivalent. Still, easy to buy it from the manned counter with a credit card at the airport station.

Radisson Blu - Sydney
Having stayed at the Radisson before, it was easy to find the place and locate the correct exit that drops one off a block away vs 5 blocks at the main Wygard Station exit.

The front desk said they can have a room ready in an hour. It is hot as hades in Sydney - 96F that day, so I'm happy to stay indoors as much as possible. I just use the free wi-fi in the lobby to do email.

The room is a bit different from the one I had before with an upgrade to one with somewhat of a view.

Note the "painting" near the bed. Another improvement - an outlet I don't need to move furniture to access.

Bathroom
For all you voyeurs - the painting turns out to hide a window. They changed from Peter Morrissey to the This Works in transit line of toiletries.

Welcome amenity

Unpacked, took a shower and set up to do some work - there is an option to use an actual cord. Thus leaving the wifi for my phone. I decided not to get a sim as it was just myself.

One thing I hate about vacation is you log back in and find 100 emails. By the time I clear all that and do everything, it's time for food. I wasn't too hungry but some dim sum would work, so I head to the Westfield mall seeking Din Tai Fung. Darn place is closed when I get there. I wander around and find a sign that Tim Ho Wan was coming to the Westfield next year! In the end I decide to get something not Asian and try Mexican to go. Not a foodie but it was pretty good.

Tinga Chicken with guacamole, sour cream w iceberg lettuce & queso fresco, Pibil pork with caramelised pineapple & latin pickles, and beef fajita grilled skirt steak, with red and green caps, bacon w onions &
oaxaca cheese

Last edited by lmwong1977; Dec 23, 2015 at 9:31 pm