FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:14 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
I don't follow this board closely, but I did actually want to make a Hyatt reservation yesterday when I ran into this maintenance. I'm curious: does anyone know what exactly they are doing? I've worked on a few major data center moves and upgrades over the years with total client downtime measured in seconds and minutes, not hours and days. A 72-hour outage would be seen as beyond catastrophic. What happened, or is happening here? And entire build of a data center, down the the metal, in place....with no functioning alternate site?

It's no catastrophe for me...Hyatt is going to be my 2nd program in 2016, so I just booked a Marriott instead. But if I were one of the hotels I wouldn't be real happy about this...
I agree with you. Down for 3 days seems like a major issue for any company and IT group. I don't know what's so hard about doing all your work in the background to an alternate site and then migrate in the changes after it's tweeked and working.