Old Dec 17, 15, 5:22 pm
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire; AA Gold and free agent (DH = AA EXP)
CP Hong Kong Kowloon East Tseung Kwan O

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was fine, but on days where there were lots of mainland tourist groups, the elevators were like molasses.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Had a split reservation. First was a booked superior room that was upgraded to a deluxe room. Second was a booked deluxe room that was upgraded to a corner view room. (This was originally upgraded to a club room - which was exactly the same as a deluxe room but on a higher floor. Club lounge access and amenities do NOT come with complimentary upgrade, so I requested a corner room (not Club level) instead.)

How are the rooms?
Nice and modern. Fairly large for Hong Kong standards. Contemporary rooms and bathrooms.

How is the Club lounge?
There is no separate Club lounge, but they use the rooftop Italian restauarant/bar as the club lounge. Access was not offered as Platinum even with a Club room upgrade. The purchase fee was $500-$600HKD per night (cannot recall exactly), but I declined.

What was good and what was bad?
Very convenient to mall and MTR. General location is 30 minutes away from anything in the city center though. No drink voucher, but did receive free breakfast for one person after showing them confirmation in email. They said they phased out free breakfast for Platinum - but some people still report that they received it, so unsure what is actually true. Minibar includes one round of 4 free beverages: Coke, Coke Zero, Blue Ice beer, and Skol Beer. I was here for over a week, and had 2 different breakfast egg cooks during my stay. Neither of them knew how to make over easy eggs without breaking at least one or both yolks. The old guy was particularly grumpy and didn't understand a lick of English (odd for western hotels).

Value for $$$ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
The room rate was under $200 usd per night, so it was reasonable for Hong Kong. However, I was attending a conference so I was in the area. If I wasn't in the area, I would not stay that far out of the main city areas - the hotel is not an attraction in and of itself, but would not hesitate to stay here if I had something else going on nearby.