FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How bad is AA trans Atlantic economy?
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:13 pm
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Not on an award. OP specifically said "I'm trying to get back from Europe in March on saver economy". Thus I am assuming OP is on an award, and does not have elite status on AA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Per the Wiki:

I've experienced this myself on Y TATL awards as an AS MVP without access to free MCE: AA doesn't want my money and will not sell me MCE on a Y award. (not at you, at AA)

OP is likely on an award (per above) and thus is probably not too keen to pay loads of YQ, which is why they called out "Only non-BA options are on AA.".
My apologies. I'm not non-elite (and haven't been for over a decade) nor have I redeem for TATL Y on AA MCE-equipped metal so my apologies. That does seem odd though, and thanks for the correction. It's likely not high on AA's list though but you'd think any ancillary revenue would be good. That said it could be interesting if OP tried calling and offered to purchase MCE or went to an airport agent. I imagine agent would be inclined to give a comp assignment day of, but you never know.