FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How bad is AA trans Atlantic economy?
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:35 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
OP I would actually suggest taking a look at ex-US options on the 332 or 333. Regular Y actually has good seat pitch and width (far better than regular Y on the 77W), you can get an aisle seat with only one seatmate, and the AVOD, while not quite as extensive as the 77W, is still very good.

Of course if you're trying to get to LA, you'll need to connect on a crappy, "dark" ex-US A321 from PHL or CLT, so it's give-and-take. On the other hand, if you're trying to get to NJ, it's just a quick connection.
Also assumes the domestic connection is there on an award. It might not be (sometimes the TATL availability is much better than TCON), or you might end up with some kind of Europe-PHL/CLT-DFW/ORD-LAX four-stop monstrosity with long stopovers that takes a full day+ from Europe. I don't think I'd want that even if it kept me out of the 77W.

It might help the OP if they were a bit more specific on the options and routing they had, as well as what was so awful about 2007 (as mentioned).

But yes, the US Airbus 330s are probably better in Y than 10 across 77Ws or beater pmAA non-refurbed 777s/767s.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 16, 2015 at 12:41 pm