FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:31 pm
daslax

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by daslax
I had a pretty negative experience trying to apply for this card today. While the banker I spoke to was never rude, I would describe the discussion as a screening process designed to weed out "undesirables" and I walked out without applying. ...
Positive update to report. The above happened at the midtown NYC branch, so I tried my luck at the branch near Bryant Park. Couldn't have been a more different experience. They had flyers on their desks with the promo offer, I told the banker I wanted to sign up and he offered me the application, no qualifications, no questions asked. The flyer has the 11/30 deadline but the application had been updated with 12/31. Signed, sealed, waiting for approval...

Originally Posted by inspace
I'm guessing from your username you are in LA; I am as well and had a very similar experience. We also had what I would describe as a pleasant chat, but ultimately the rep sent me away with a card and some brochures to "think about it." They also mentioned starting a relationship to get the card, but did not mention any specifics.
Changed my location to NYC, but not my username. If there is more than 1 branch in LA, you might try the vehicular version of HUCA.