FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your 2015 BA year
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:30 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Your 2015 BA year

Just an innocent thread to compare and do a bit of willy waving at the end of the year. I know I will not win, there is a couple of people on this board whose willy is bigger than all of us combined
Also an opportunity to open the discussion on the April 2015 changes and if they have affected you.

Miles flown: 33 000 with BA, 78 000 total
Segments: 42 with BA, 94 total (remaining in order: SK, LH, VS, WF, AA, IB, OS, CX, UA, QR, EK)
Classes: BA: 30 Y 1 W 11 J, Total 67 Y, 4 Y+, 21 J, 2 F(intra US)
Reason: 40% Business, 60% Leisure

Avios earned: 118 001 (100 689 BIS/ 17 312 Non flying)
Avios burned: 47 500

Airports visited: ABZ, LHR, LGW, LCY, SVG, FRA, MAD, DUB, JER, BIO, TRD, OSL, CDG, ORY, VIE, LUX, BUD, HKG, ICN, DOH, DXB, SNN, JFK, IAH, DFW, MSY, CLT, CPH, TPE)

The good:
- BA is 50% of my travel, I am globally happy with them.
- BA1 this year was fabulous, another JFK-LHR flight was great service
- CE is valuable if cheap. I like the atmosphere and catering.
- The 28th April changes did not affect me really (yet maybe). I used less UuA and more I fares during sales. Most of my cheap flights are in the 50 % TP category, same as before.
- I renewed Silver comfortably, with just over 1000 TPs in total.

The bad:
- The lack of training of the ground crew and some cabin crews. There is a huge inconsistency of policy enforcement depending on who is manning the gate, checkin desk, queues ....
- The short haul seats. Unfortunately it is the same in Europe everywhere now: LH seats are infamous, SK has installed slim seats on its 737 which are as bad.
- Customer service and communication are abysmal. Comparing with the other airlines I had to use CS, BA is at the bottom of the barrel.
- CW seat: I travel J long-haul with other airlines than BA this year and for all of them I found the hard-product superior than BA. I think this will change a few thing for my travel plans next year.