FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Worst POE experiences outside of the US
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:27 am
okamzikprosim

Programs: Delta AmEx Gold, United MileagePlus Explorer, Former Delta Silver Medallion & United Premier Silver
TLV inbound when it comes to incompetence. I know they know what they are doing, but it doesn't always seem like that. One time I was accused of "not knowing how to properly pack a bag" because the customs officer didn't like how two items next to each other in my carry on and made a big stink about it to me for about 15 or 20 minutes. Another time, the passport control officer "accidentally" issued me the wrong entry visa despite her confirming the reasons why I was here and for how long. A visit to the offices of the interior ministry in the city center fixed that - while taking up like 3 pages of my passport.

I personally have had nothing but positive experiences at TLV outbound, but I know that isn't the situation for everyone.

YYZ Transfer Customs B for poor service. I didn't have an issue myself, but the man right behind me got screamed at by the same officer for not filling out his declaration properly. We are talking about really loud, I could hear much of it. Similar to some people's experiences in the US.