FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:16 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Couple of observations:
  • [*]

I think this is a known issue - and the intended function of the booking engine. In the past, the issue was reversed, it would price out the trip using Y on the codeshare segments but seat you in J all the way. Then AY found out, and semi-fixed the issue (still issuing a ticket in J all the way but seating you in Y on the longhauls) until they finally fixed the issue this way.

BTW intra-EU J does not automatically mean blocked seat. Only on Airbus narrow body with seating 3-3 is middle seat initially blocked, but can be overridden even when cabin is not full.
No idea how jetstar will handle these tickets though, but most likely like any other Y booking.

Originally Posted by Rivarix
I suspect it will be similar to other flights operated by non-OW airline - you will earn AY miles but not status miles. No miles if you put other OW FFP number (since it is operated by a non-OW airline).
Guessing or talking from experience? I would assume that these codeshares will earn points to AY+ exactly like they were a AY flight, ie tier and award points and any tier bonus would work too.
Before, IIRC, only flights in the 8000-flightnumber-serie have been behaving badly in terms of earning to AY+.

Last edited by intuition; Dec 11, 2015 at 12:30 am