FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead Storage Bin Space: Coats Versus Luggage
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:12 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by nikitta28
My partner and I are last to board a CRJ-900 for premium cabin, I glance in front of me and realize quickly it's going to be a problem because almost everyone has roller boards and we are last on. We are in 2C and D, as expected I walk back to mid-EC and put my bag up. Coming back from EC I see my partner is agitated and standing in front of row 3, the bin over 3 C&D only has a large over coat and a small purse stuffed in it. Knowing he is not up for confrontation I gently ask the young college DYKWIA ladies in 3 C&D whose coat it is. D answers with attitude it is in fact hers. I state nicely to her, "the bins are usually used for bags on this small plane and the FA will hang your coat if you place it on your lap" she says "um ya no thanks" .... Now the line to board is backed up and people are getting frustrated. I tell her "Ok but the FA will likely take her coat out of the bin anyway." Now my partner and the guy in 3A want to put their bags up but she doubles down and refuses, the FA shouts from the galley "EXACTLY what is the problem" I slide into 2D and the FA shouts to hand her the coat. DYKWIA then refuses to allow the coat to be handed to the FA and makes the FA climb past 5 people to get the coat herself. DYKWIA is quite upset she was de-binned and gives my seat 3-4 good whoops with her foot. My partner and I are giggling profusely at this point. DYKWIA then goes on a tirade about her phone being in the pocket of her coat (which she wouldn't have had access to in the bin) and demands the FA bring her back the coat!
She kicked the seat? Did anyone else happen to see that? That would have been priceless.