FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:03 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kannon99
Ok thanks, I had asked the CSR online if the card I have now was the orignal one sent out and she said yes. I would think their systems can show if new cards had been sent out.
What she told you was, it was the same AAdvantage Mastercard, with the same card number too. In the system, it is the SAME card because there is no change of card type - AAdvantage Mastercard, nor the card number!

World and World Elite are only different levels of benefits as far as Mastercard is concerned. They are not different card types like a Visa versus MC versus AMEX.

Usually higher level cards get World Elite type such as the Club card, the Exec card and the Prestige TYP, Premier TYP cards - they are World Elite from the start. Regular AAdvantage has not come out as a World Elite card as we all remember. The W to WE is very much a phenomena since the beginning of THIS YEAR.

Unless you are 100% sure the card you have on hand now is the original card you received, otherwise, chances are you dont remember it has been replaced with WE after you received the WE, activated it and threw away the W.