FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:25 pm
scracer14

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
Last year on a trip back to JFK from LAS, I had booked a Economy Comfort seat at the time of booking, when Sky Priority was called I was probably tenth in line when I boarded and was surprised to see someone in my seat along side a woman, I don’t remember which seat number but is was an aisle seat. I still had my boarding pass out so I double checked it to make sure I had the right seat and it was so I told the seat poacher he was sitting in my seat.

He said he wanted to swap seats so he could sit with his wife, but I was ready to say no because I still wanted my EC seat. He showed me his boarding pass and it was for a first class seat, so I questioned him to make sure this was correct. He said it was so I made my way up to first class and enjoyed a nice meal and a few drinks so this is one seat poacher I was glad to swap seats with.

Mr. Elliott
I'm flying with a friend this weekend to LAX, looks like 3/4 upgrades will clear. I purchased her ticket with miles so it's not eligible to RUC. Whoever gets the middle seat next to her get a free bump to FC.