FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AUH pre-clearance situation these days
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:33 am
wandering_persian

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
I am glad you liked Iran! We'd be honored to welcome you back in April. Let me know if you return to Tehran, I'd be happy to see you!

Originally Posted by jchock1
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

Well, coming from Iran might cause the OP to be given some special attention. But it is no big deal, just go with the flow.

I was on the same IKA-AUH-JFK flights in October. US citizen born in the US, and the immigration agent I dealt with at AUH was taken aback when I told him I was coming from Iran, so much so that he had to look up on his computer whether or not I was supposed to be there without some sort of special permission. His computer confirmed that there "are currently no restrictions for traveling to the Islamic Republic of Iran."

I have global entry, and was flying on an award ticket, but was selected for secondary screening *SSSS*, though it only took a few extra minutes.

We loved Iran and are trying to go back in April. The whole process was a breeze then, and it was nice to arrive into JFK as a domestic passenger.