FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:38 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by felicity5
I never heard before that if an offer is shown as "other cards you may be interested in" it means that you could apply for it and get the bonus.
I thought it was just a general statement and not specific to whether I qualified or not.
Have you applied for such an offer in your account and received the bonus?
You need to follow the thread so you would understand a lot of the conversation would exclude the well-known part - in this case, the SOLE REASON one could get another bonus is because the existing card is converted from W to WE. It seems once it is converted, many people start seeing the "suggestions" on "cards you may be interested in" includes AA MC.

The W to WE loophole has been discussed ad nauseam since beginning of the year and now has become very well known.. That is why there should not be any need to explicitly explain the "prequalified" part. Everyone knows that does not mean you would get another bonus, it is a given, no need to explain.

The question asked and answered, primarily is to determine whether only 4c would generate the conversion or prequal and other links outside 4c also have the same effect when it comes to trigger the W to WE conversion, thus facilitate another bonus.