FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS for CSP - GCM alternatives
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:14 am
tbradnc

Originally Posted by shitrus
Depends on where you live.

I use Kroger. I go buy 3 Visa/MasterCard Gift cards (gif card debits, or gebits), as their daily amount is 2k (with fees). You would need to make 6 trips to complete your spending. 3 if both you and your wife go at the same time.

That amounts to $95.20 in fees, but you get 8095 UR for that.

You would then go buy money orders using those cards. Kroger's money orders cost $.71 for up to a thousand dollars, so what I do is ask for 2 money orders of $999.29 to bring the total to $2000. I then ask to split tender $500 four times. You could conceivably do this immediately after getting the gebits from Kroger to cut down on trips, depending on how leery the cashiers are. I usually buy them from the checkout lanes, and then go to customer service to get the money orders. That's a grand total of $100.88 in fees to shuffle that money around. I assume you are doing it to get the 50k UR from chase. I would also add each other as an AU so you get the bonus 5k UR. That would leave you with a grand total of 118,095 UR with a net balance of -$100.88. That's a cash equivalent of $1080.07 if you just do a direct deposit to your account from Chase.

I then deposit my money orders at my bank via the ATM. Now, some banks might close your account for this, but as you are doing $8k in spending, it shouldn't be an issue.

Most importantly, you should read the thread at the top that says NEW TO MANUFACTURED SPENDING READ THIS FIRST

You could also do serve, but that's in another thread somewhere and im not going to lay it out for you
Ok.. help me understand. I can't get your math to work.

You said you buy 3 GCs * 6 trips because there is a $2000 limit.

Am I correct in assuming you're buying eighteen (maybe nineteen?) $100 cards and adding $95.20 in fees for a total of $1885.20 (maybe $1985.20)? I am guessing this because my Kroger only sells $50 and $100 fixed value VGCs which can be purchased with a credit card.

I'm not seeing how you get this to add up to 2 MOs for $999.29 each.