View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 15, 1:01 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
As of now, I'm leaning toward the Gallia over the PH--partly because my Plat 100 status is likely to get me upgraded to a big suite without using SNAs and partly because the award rates are better (20K per night at Gallia vs 30K per night at the PH). I can get upgraded for free at the Gallia but can't use the DSU at the PH unless I do cash and points.

You can be sure I'll review whichever I choose, along with the Gritti in Venice and Park Tower Knightsbridge in London. It might be quite the Luxury Collection tour for me.

I will say that our stay at the PH Istanbul weights heavily on me...because it was so fantastic IMO.
I think it makes sense to use the Plat 100 status as much as possible at the best properties before any possible devaluation of points or changes to the program that will unfortunately likely happen due the acquisition of SPG by Marriott.

PH will always be an option on future trips, but there is some risk that the 20k redemption rate (plus an upgrade to a large suite) may not always be possible at Excelsior Gallia in the future.

I'm looking forward to your reviews. How is Park Tower Knightsbridge by the way?