View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 15, 4:22 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Park Hyatt or Excelsior Gallia Milan?

Hi friends! I am taking my mother and meeting friends in Milan for 3 nights in Oct 2016. Since I'm SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond, I'm most interested in the PH Milan and Excelsior Gallia Luxury Collection hotels--both of which will allow me to spend less/nothing and even permit me a suite upgrade.

I know the PH is more central, but the newly refurbished Excelsior seems very highly thought of, as well. I'll be coming in by train from Venice, so the Excelsior is convenient in that one respect.

Otherwise, what are the pros and cons of each? Which has better suites? My impression is that both are excellent luxury hotels offering comparably high levels of service but with different styles.

FWIW, I am FLUSH with Chase UR points and Starpoints, and I have plenty of Hyatt DSUs and SPG SNAs to more or less guarantee me a suite upgrade at either. I'm already blowing 105K Starpoints for a free 3 night stay at the Gritti in Venice beforehand, and another 40K Starpoints for a free 2 night stay at the Park Tower Knightsbridge in London afterward. I can afford the MO Milan or Aman Venice or Halkin London, but it's too easy to use points for free stays (or cash and points at the PH Milan).

Thanks for any guidance!