FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:44 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by hockey7711
saudia website?
http://www.saudiairlines.com/

If you go to "Manage Bookings" and enter your ticket number, you will be able to see relatively more information about your coupon than most other sites, including the complete fare basis.

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
When I had this experience, it was still treated as an "upgrade" and not an upfare. It was on a p.s. flight and I bought the upgrade, which booked into P class (not R or PN). But the ticket receipt showed that an upgrade fee, not a fare difference, was collected, and the $500 or so upgrade fee did not count for PQD because it was not a re-fare.
Huh. Maybe it force-clears to the lowest open inventory, which will be a revenue bucket if R, PN, and ZN are not available. In OP's case, F was the only option so it cleared the upgrade into F inventory. That's going to be my hypothesis, since $309 is way more than the fare differential for that route.

OP - if you check your receipt, does it call the add/collect an upgrade fee? If so, I think my guess would be correct. I wonder if this "feature" means you earn 1.5x PQM...