FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:10 pm
MadMadso

Originally Posted by Ketawa
I tested out the pre-approval page. Very strange. I said that I was most interested in travel benefits. The message at the top:

"_______, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like."

Then it shows the standard 50k offer for the Platinum Select. Then below it:

"You may also be interested in these credit cards."

And then the offers for the ThankYou Premier, ThankYou Preferred, Simplicity, and Diamond Preferred cards. They would seem to be the other 4 credit cards.

I may have opted out of receiving pre screened offers years ago on my credit report, but I have received mailers occasionally. Although it's possible that they were for standard offers, not actual pre-approvals; it's been a while so I can't remember.

Any thoughts? I should be eligible for the Platinum Select offer and planned to apply regardless of what the pre-approval page said.
I have never been preapproved, and I have a half dozen or so Citi cards. Watch the 8/65 and reduce your credit limits and you will be fine.