FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:50 am
Retron

Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11
(Yes, that really is what it's called - I guess they wanted to copy the Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct.10, which is a few miles down the road!)

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a "deluxe room", received an upgrade to an executive room. The room had two bottles of mineral water (one still, one sparkling) and a 4-bar KitKat as extra welcome amenities. The usual executive room toiletries were present - including a sewing kit.

How are the rooms?
On the small side, certainly smaller than the HI Reading - West which is my usual hotel.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Welcome points posted a day before I arrived!
The check-in was the most effusive I've ever seen - I got an inkling of this when they gushed over the person in front in the queue, who made a big thing of showing off his "shiny shiny red Spire card". He asked for and received an upgrade to an executive room - and he made sure everyone knew that he stayed so often in Holiday Inns because his company, the railway line, paid for him. When I was checked-in it was lower key - I was welcomed as Spire when they looked up my reservation. I was also asked how I'd earned my Spire card (I said it's because I go to the nearby wolf centre a lot, which baffled them!)
The rooms have been renovated since I stayed here a couple of years ago.

Bad:
Room service chips were cold; I asked for vanilla ice-cream and instead received chocolate.
The sheet on the bed was stained with what looked like ketchup on one edge.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
At £94 for a basic room it was the same price as a suite at my usual haunt, but as that was fully-booked it was the next-best option. I would return but only if the HI Reading-West was full again.

Last edited by Retron; Nov 29, 2015 at 5:59 am