FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You Kick the Back of this Seat Again & I'll...........
Old Aug 23, 2002, 9:15 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:

Analise, when you lie and fake sneeze in this situation, you are being childish. Kids cannot sit perfectly still like adults, but adults can be civilized and not act like children.</font>
To perfectly honest, it means nothing to me that some or many believe that I might be acting "childish". You will see in my piece above that it is on the rare occasion when the parent speaks in some high and mighty tone at me that I do as I do. I refuse to have some high-anxiety child continue to kick my seat.

I agree with the idea of having mandatory seatbelts on children say under 13. If they cannot sit still, then they should not be on an airplane. My parents strictly enforced that when I was a child. If I or my siblings even remotely bothered a passenger, we were told we would be left at home the next time the family went on vacation. That worked. Amazing about parental involvement and discipline, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 08-23-2002).]