FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with planning my Pacific Northwest and Western U.S. trip
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:59 pm
darthbimmer

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by timothy_tw
1. Planning to renting an RV during my stay in Yellowstone, and I've spend 10 years venturing in the great white north (Canada), I'm sure I can handle it.

2. It is indeed a bit tight, Seattle is optional, I can remove that from my itinerary.

3. I graduated from UBC-Okanagan, and worked in k-town for 6 years. Memories, man.
For a 16 day trip I suggest focusing on either a northern loop or a southern loop, not combining sites far north and south. For a northern loop, which it seems you might prefer since you have a personal connection to the area, consider adding Jasper, Columbia Icefield, Banff, Grand Teton, and various places in ID, OR, and WA states. If you do it in September you should be reasonably okay in terms of weather.

If you can't go until later, that would be a good argument to do a southern loop instead. Conditions in Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Escalante, Arches, and Canyonlands are great in October.