FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:19 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by elc2414
Update to the update:
My wife has received the 50,000 mile bonus earned on the first W card from about 3 months ago. Still working on the spend requirement for the 60,000 mile bonus for the 2nd W card she received a few weeks ago. When I go to the Citi account details page for the newest card and look at her Reward Summary it clearly shows she is working on the 60,000 mile bonus. However, when I go to the account details page for the first W card she received, the Reward Summary simply isn't there, just as it doesn't show up for her closed accounts. I checked my Citi account and the Reward Summary does show on every card's account details page except for the accounts that have been closed.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Are they getting ready to claw back the miles? Right after she received the 2nd W card with the 60,000 mile bonus, when I went online and activated it and linked it to her Citi account page both cards' details page showed the Account Summary, with the first showing she had earned the 50,000 mile bonus and the second one showing she would earn 60,000 miles.
Just guessing here, but I'm thinking the reason the clock no longer shows for the first card is because the miles have already been earned and deposited. So there is nothing for the clock to be tracking anymore.

Three are almost no data points on Citi ever clawing anything back, with the possible exception of outright fraud. If someone was to meet their entire min spnd thru the purchase of a refundable FC AA ticket, and once they got the miles cancel the ticket, so no actual spend remained the on the card, they could quite possibly get a claw back. For anything short of that, I really don't think there is anything to worry about.