FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Did Air Canada tell you that they cover only up to CAD$100 for hotel?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:36 am
yulred

There was a case - in the maritimes I think - that someone brought up here. IIRC, Ben L responded.

In that case, AC had no hotel vouchers, so have a $100 or something.

Originally Posted by adam.smith
What's reasonable? At any airport I've been to in Canada, $10 will get you a coffee and a muffin for breakfast, and a sandwich and or burger and drink or something like that for lunch/dinner. Seems fairly reasonable to me. It's not a steak and a couple of beers, but it's hardly outrageous and if you want to fight to improve life for airline passengers in Canada, there are far better things to focus your time on than the meal reimbursements.
With all due respect, this is obfuscation in its purest form. It's hardly a secret that food allowances can be out of sync with reality, as can hotel room prices.

Doesn't take much effort for an airline knowing what things cost in and in the vicinity of airports it operates to. There may be better things to fight for, but they can all be dismissed as minor details if the automatic instinct is to declare that suggesting that $15 is unlikely to cover dinner at an airport is tantamount to asking for a Michelin starred meal.

Use Government (provincial, federal, whatever) meal or hotel allowances as guidelines if doing research is too demanding.