FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:04 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Airside connector yes. Moving sidewalks, not so much. Unless they've installed them in the last week. I make that long hike all of the time and I don't recall ever seeing a people mover.

There is normally Pre-Check at E, but they've temporarily moved E security while the main space is under construction and the temporary security does not have full Pre-. They do allow you some Pre- amenities (shoes on, etc.) but you're still better off at D until the regular E security reopens.
Don't forget the sheep factor. I have noticed if someone has a boarding pass for a D gate, to the D security they go. 80% plus of flights are out of D so 80% of people will line up at D security. Nothing prevents you using the E entrance for a D gated flight. I used to use the old C gates for that tiny C terminal after they tore it down but left the security open. I was usually the only person using it.

Most times when I am transiting MIA the crowd at E is rarely a crowd at all, often nearly empty while the D entrances look like people waiting for a Black Friday sale.

In other words if you are stuck outside security it might not hurt to at least have a look at the E entrance vs. D.