FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-2017 GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles Int’l. Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:39 pm
corncob

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
In the last year, I've had several different experiences going through LAX security.

T4 TSA-Pre: Has been pretty backed up most of the time I've gone through. Still faster than "mortal security" haha, but there has been a queue at the escalator.

T4 priority, non TSA-Pre: Still went up the same escalator, but after getting up there the agent shut down the 'priority' entrance door and we got funneled down to the mortal line. There were some pretty pissed off people, especially as the door reopened 5 minutes later and we weren't allowed to go back to that line.

TBIT priority: This was significantly longer than the mortal line. The officer was on a power trip though and threatened a man who tried to reverse direction and go join the mortal line. The mortal line emptied, and the same officer still wouldn't allow anyone to go over to that ID check or scanner. I really thought a few people were going to be detained.