FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:09 pm
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Too obvious to photograph.... Used a RUC to upgrade my LAX -MCO today. I was 2 of 20 for 2 seats. Just before boarding, the GA paged me and informed me that if I took the ug I would be seated by a service animal. I agreed since I have no qualms with a true service animal. I only joked stating that as long there is room for me. I had an issue once with a HUGE dog/service animal that took up the ENTIRE bulkhead.

Boarded the plane and no seatmate. Soon after a youngish girl comes toting 3 bags while actively chatting away on her cell phone. "Service animal" turns out to be a little mutt in a bag. To be fair, he was cute and being an animal lover, I have no beef with the dog. My issue is the people who seemingly abuse policies that are in place for those who really require such services.
Dog stayed in the bag most of the flight, but poked his head out enough for the FA to pet as she distributed food trays. Dog did come out for a brief visit later to eat off a bowl on the tray table, etc.
I have no issues with traveling with your little poochie, but keep them in their carrier and don't try to avoid paying by claiming it is a service animal. to the FA for encouraging this activity. ....