FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is boarding early with children rude?
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:14 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by Kate2015
Several people have made comments to me while boarding that children should board last so they don't get bored on the plane and misbehave. I thought nothing of - just rude people - until I saw the same thing on the internet.

We always board when our group is called, because my child loves airplanes and wants to board before boarding even begins, and so I can get everything put away and set up. Most of the time we're the first people on the airplane.

So who's correct? Is boarding when you're group is called really rude when you have children?
There are some people who consider the existence of children "rude" - ignore them.

If you board first with your kid, the kid gets bored and causes delays to other pax - that IS rude.

If you board first, promptly stow your gear and your kid, and then the kid sits with his nose plastered to the window watching every aspect of the ground crew's work (which is what mine always did), that's not rude at all. That's getting a slower moving party of out of the way first so as not to delay others.

Unnecessarily delaying other pax is rude. Doesn't matter if it's a kid or the self-entitled business jerk on his cell phone: be consider of other people, and then ignore those who feel entitled to judge you no matter what you do.