Old Nov 24, 15, 8:39 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Promo : 2,500 bonus Starpoints for one Keyless stay which is paid with Amex

Folks, this doesn't appear to be targeted to me other than the fact I've signed up for their emails but here it is. I thought it's pretty great if you've already got a stay either planned or a trip planned where you can involve a stay. Going out of your way to do this...ehh not so much.

http://www.spgpromos.com/amexkeyless...language=en_US

Here's the basics. You've got to have a "registered Amex" AND use Starwood keyless, which means you need to have certain mobile phones. I've recently signed up for Apple Pay in Canada and attached my Starwood Amex (as it only works with Amex and I'm getting rid of my Amex Gold) in Canada. I'm guessing that's why I got targeted, glad I did though because I'll take advantage of this.

Assuming you meet those 2 requisites earn 2,500 Starpoints by registering, booking a stay at Keyless W (I found searching those hard), Aloft or Element (both much easier and cheaper) AND pay using that registered Amex, then it says "use SPG keyless during your stay". I'm not sure that part is compulsory but I wanna try it anyway so that's no biggie. All between Nov 20 - Feb 29.

Reading the T/C the qualifying stays just have to be Starpoint earning stays at those properties, seemingly worldwide (I say no restrictions on where) and it can be as short as 1 night.

May be very easy for you guys in the US, I checked my upcoming trips and found not great coverage by any of these hotels in HKG, Colombia, Japan, Philippines and Chile. I was gonna snag one in NYC for my 10 hour overnight layover, but to go from JFK to manhattan only to go back to JFK didn't seem prudent.

I did however find Aloft Bogota Airport...$43 USD in early Jan. I guess the business hotels in Colombia don't get lots of business during Christmas (makes sense since half the country seems to slow to a crawl) but almost all of Dec-Jan was on offer between $43-60 USD which I thought was pretty good. Just waiting for my plane ticket to get finalized and I'll have my 1 night booked. Pretty easy 2500 points and as you all know with their good transfer values this is better than any Aeroplan promo I've seen come up.

Sorry if this is a repost, I scanned the board and didn't see it, thought us newer iPhone users would find this to be decent. Again it's a fairly specific promo, but even if you don't use the Apple Pay you can just "register" your phone/Amex in the SPG app I believe, if you wanted I'm sure you could just unregister after you get the points as well.

Enjoy!