FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Airlines/Airplanes Best for Big People
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:02 pm
prncess674

I would not recommend the backward facing seat on Southwest unless the flight is fairly empty. Playing footsy with someone for 3 hours is not my idea of fun. I would not recommend any of the lounge seats in fact. Sitting face someone that you don't know for 3 hours is really too much. Also in "the lounge" there are no tray tables in the arm rest, so you must hold your drink and peanuts till they come around to pick them up.

Try flying on any airline at a non peak time. You are more likely to have an empty seat next to you. Flying on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are the best days for light loads.

Coach is pretty much the same on any airline. AA does offer more seat pitch but no additional seat width. Since there are less rows on an AA flight it is more likely that the middle seat will be filled. I personally will take less pitch for more width anyday. So unless you have a way to snag a first class seat go for the cheapest ticket.