FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Six Days In Sri Lanka
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:13 am
DanielW

Day 0.

Outside Terminal 1 at Dubai Aiport after catching the Metro from my apartment.

Checking in for my Oman Air (WY) flight to Colombo (via Muscat). The return flight cost $319 and was ~30% less than a direct flight on LCC flydubai (FZ) and half as much as on Emirates (EK). There was only two check-in desks open for the Muscat flight, so it took a while before I could collect my boarding passes.

As well as flying to Colombo via Muscat, the plan for the trip was to also fly from Kandy (KDZ) to Colombo (CMB) on a floatplane on Cinnamon Air.

Although check in took a bit longer than expected, I still had enough time to grab a last minute dinner of Thai green curry and rice before heading to the gate for the 8:40pm flight to Muscat.

The flight was almost full for the ~45 minute journey to Muscat. As it is only a short distance away and being a relatively easy country to visit, I had been wanting to visit Sri Lanka for quite a while.

We were served a chicken sandwich and orange juice despite the short flight time. It was my first time flying Oman Air (WY) and I was reasonably happy so far, with decent leg room and friendly service in economy. They also played a 1920's era Charlie Chaplin silent movie (and hence no need for headphones) on the overhead TV's.

Disembarking at Muscat International Airport (MCT) for the short bus ride to the main terminal.

After clearing transit security my connecting flight to Colombo wasn't until another ~4 hours, so I found a quiet corner, put in my ear plugs and crashed out for a few hours.