FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:24 pm
gcashin

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by pokee
Agreed - and I'll add to that: I've had them block my card when I shopped at stores that they considered 'high risk' for fraud - like GameStop. That was really stupid. Plus, I called them up once to dispute a charge that was just a duplicate done in error (reputable company, but I couldn't reach the company to get it investigated and reversed) and they wanted to transfer me to the fraud dept. and cancel my card and issue me a new one. I'm like: "ummm....this isn't fraud. it's just a mistake by a reputable company that needs to be resolved and I can't reach them". Then the guy in the credit dept. gets into a shouting match with me because he's like, "that's how it works here". Great customer service! Buh-bye! ^
Yes, they were completely useless. Tried to use the card in Peru recently at the JW Marriott, after phoning them in advance to advise of travel plans to Peru. Card was declined at the JW Marriott on check-in. Called that night to have it unblocked. Tried to use the card again on check-out and it was declined and blocked AGAIN, despite having called in advance of the trip, called during the trip, and we were trying to use it for a fairly small charge at a JW Marriott. The bonus points offer is nice, but Chase Canada is absolutely useless.