FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JUST THE FACTS: 2016 AAdvantage Program Changes Announced 17 Nov 2015
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:23 am
flatlander

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Multi-carrier tickets, multi-carrier crediting

When AA are calculating RDM based on price paid, how are they going to calculate "price paid" for complex itineraries?

For example without any effort I can get 7 segments on a ticket on one fare, 3 BA and 4 AA. The AA segments should earn at 11* fare paid, the BA ones will earn at some percentage times distance times class of service factor. I will fly such an itinerary next week - what happens if I do the same in the second half of 2016?

How much did I pay for the AA segments and how much for the BA ones?

If I chose to credit some segments to BAEC and some to AAdvantage, does that affect this calculation?

Another example: I buy an AONE6 RTW fare, how much did I pay for each segment? There is a non-public but predictable allocation of revenue from xONEx fares to each carrier so there is a division of revenue already defined, but how will AA tell me what the calculation is even if they use it?

How do other airlines with cost-based RDM earning handle multi-carrier itineraries?