FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Changes for 2016 - DISCUSSION, REACTION & POLL
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:21 pm
0335th

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by EmAAx
I'm definitely done with loyalty to AA. I'm used to booking on aa.com and skipping checking my options on Kayak. Now I'll just pick the best fare/schedule and pay a little extra to get E+ if it makes sense. This also means I won't be renewing my AC membership.

It will be a hard adjustment, but almost a no brainer considering the downgraded domestic F experience and upgrades clearing less frequently. And AA international J is horrible.

So I will fly a little less (no MRs), will probably end up spending about the same, but will save time and hopefully even get a little bit better experience.
I'm right there with you! EXP really hasn't been much of a benefit to me for what it took to get it (in my case).

I am fortunate enough that the company I work for lets me book domestic F (not so much on international flights). So I don't ever have to play the upgrade lottery on that. From now on it will be lowest fare and nonstop for deciding factors on what flights I will be taking. Which more times than not will probably still be AA seeing that DFW is home and I still hate SouthWorst.