FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worst case of DYKWIA...
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:51 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Matthew_22
Am I the only person who thinks taipeiflyer's account doesn't really fit what's actually happening in the video?

In his version of events, he claims he's justifiably upset because of a staff members inaction to the assault and unwillingness to do anything about it. Yet in the video he's clearly yelling & swearing about a mistake (presumably his buggy fiasco) which has caused him to be late, and demanding that this be 'fixed'.

I'm not saying the assault didn't happen, or that CX probably didn't try and sweep it under the rug somewhat, but it would quite clearly seem that this particular part of his tantrum is due to his anger at missing his flight/being late, and his view that it was a CX's incompetence which caused it. And maybe it was, but none of this is justification to arrogantly yell obscenities at a staff member like that.
I didn't want to wade into this but since you raised it, these were exactly my thoughts as soon as taipeiflyer posted his original explanation. Why yell 'fix it' over and over again when demanding police be called? Clearly, to me anyways, he was talking about the mistake that caused them to miss their flight and to 'fix it'. If it was to have the police called was truly what he was yelling and swearing about, it would seem to me that one wouldn't yell 'fix it', as if there was a problem the other party caused that they needed to fix. One would be yelling something along the lines of 'call the police', 'get the police', 'call them now', 'he tried to choke me' or something in that vein. Not 'fix it'.

Again, not diminishing an assault in the slightest, but to me, this doesn't seem to be what the yelling and swearing on the video is about. So it does make me doubt his explanation. Perhaps the tantrum, and this video, happened before the assault and this behavior is what caused the alleged assaulter to get involved?