FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worst case of DYKWIA...
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:12 pm
cxfan1960

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Matthew_22
Am I the only person who thinks taipeiflyer's account doesn't really fit what's actually happening in the video?

In his version of events, he claims he's justifiably upset because of a staff members inaction to the assault and unwillingness to do anything about it. Yet in the video he's clearly yelling & swearing about a mistake (presumably his buggy fiasco) which has caused him to be late, and demanding that this be 'fixed'

I'm not saying the assault didn't happen, or that CX probably didn't try and sweep it under the rug somewhat, but it would quite clearly seem that this particular part of his tantrum is due to his anger at missing his flight/being late, and his view that it was a CX's incompetence which caused it. And maybe it was, but none of this is justification to arrogantly yell obscenities at a staff member like that.
It is difficult to say what happened other than that shown in the video:
* I must assume the poster doesn't travel through HKIA often as he waited very close before boarding, and wasn't familiar with the buggy system.
* Per the poster's explanation, I feel that the lounge agent was not properly trained as he/she should direct them to the buggy station other than letting them wait.
* Both assault and profanity were uncalled for and are never justified. Assault is a crime, and profanity is probably also a crime in HKIA. CX should not tolerate these to ensure a safe and quiet place for the other passengers.