FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:36 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Soulag
and had confirmed twice that all of my previous business account numbers were closed.
You're stlll not being clear. Does "all" refer to number of cards, or accounts per card? Ie, did you confirm that for each previous business card, both the card account and the master account were closed? And did you verify that the master account was closed by name (not just close "all" my accounts, Citi might not take that to mean "close my master account").

Originally Posted by Soulag
I closed my Citi AA Business card after six years, then applied for the new 50K bonus two weeks later.
Well, put yourself in Citi's shoes. What would you expect Citi to think when they saw that you applied for a card two weeks after canceling an indentical one you'd had for 6 years? Gosh, if even you cancelled both the card account and the master account, they may not have finished processing it all yet (waiting to see if any last stuff comes through or whatever). Did you really have to be suddenly that impatient (after holding the previous card so long so patiently)?

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 16, 2015 at 7:41 pm