FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Preference based on Tier Level
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:29 am
remdk

Nuff Said The blocking of seats beside you is done for Gold as well as Platinum, as I have experienced.

This would not appear in the PC privileges because it can only occur when there are enough empty seats available. Imagine what this forum would look like with many irate postings because the privilege could not be implemented due to a nearly full cabin.

I suspect that you have seen one of several references to it on this forum over the last year or so. I certainly cannot recall seeing it mentioned on QRs websites or materials.

These unpublished rules must be written somewhere otherwise how could IT include them in the website?

In general I can see that each airline handles exit row seating differently. This of course is one of the differences between airlines that make life interesting!
Bulkhead rows are blocked due to the bassinets there. On the 788 the J bassinet seats are 1A and 1K. Seats 1E and 1F are not blocked.

I think that it would be sensible that the destinations, who have the best knowledge of seat occupancy, were the ones that released blocked seats at suitable times. Thus I am suggesting that the release of blocked seats is a very random affair. If this is true on not I do not know but experience suggests it.