FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worst case of DYKWIA...
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:22 am
IceTrojan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No assault on you would have happened...
This is the repeated concept from this discussion that I REALLY don't understand and quite frankly find very disturbing. Call me an uppity American if you want to, but to me this physical assault should be treated as totally separate from anything else that transpired up until that point, since OP didn't "throw the first punch" nor created an imminent threat that the assailant had to defend against.

And let's call the assailant what he is... I'm sorry if I'm being a naive American again, but I think in most cultures, grabbing someone BY THE THROAT is as aggressive and over-the-line as it gets. It's not a slight tap or even a shove... that's a move that's meant to do harm.

And let's get this straight... OP didn't have the last opportunity to avoid the assault... the assailant did, by not assaulting OP.

I find the CX staff trying to avoid the confrontation, not assisting the OP, and trying to avoid police involvement downright pathetic. I find the defense of the CX staff's actions to be ludicrous. I find using cultural differences to excuse the assault insulting. And I find OP being blamed for the assault on him laughable at best.