FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:04 pm
mercruiser

IC Thalasso Bora Bora

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Emerald overwater villa on IHG award. Did not receive room upgrade. The only acknowledgement for Ambassador status is free bottled water. No welcome gift or fruit plate, no drink coupon. This is the least recognition I've ever seen for Ambassador members.

How are the rooms?
Fantastic. These are the nicest IC rooms I've ever seen.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is none.

What was good and what was bad?
Good: The food is way above average for an IC hotel. The resort is on a fantastic location, with a stunning view of the Bora Bora area.

Bad: The food is stunningly expensive, about 2x what it would cost at any other IC hotel. For example, the breakfast buffet is about $40 USD per person (even with a record strong dollar). It is pretty difficult to eat out since they charge $18 pp to take the shuttle boat to the main island.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Room rates start at $1000 per night on the shoulder season. Figure another $250+ per day for two people to dine here. Not a good value for money to me. On the other hand, you can stay here for 50000 IHG points, if you can find availability. It is a very good value for points. Yes, I would return for a points award. No, I would not stay here for $.