FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for a special meal/place/event for parents returning to HK for visit?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:44 pm
buggy51

Hmmm not sure if I can offer too much. I just went back with family and had a fantastic meal at The Chairman

http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/...chairman/36252

Definitely not on the cheaper end, but I definitely enjoyed the steamed flowery crab with aged shaoxing wine & chicken oil with rice noodles. Great stuff, and a reservation is recommended in advance (I had a hard time getting a table during the weekday a few weeks in advance). This place definitely hit the spot for us (we got the set meals), and I found the food to be quite fresh and prepared on point. Less focus on abalone, etc. but just really well done Cantonese cooking.

Another one that I found fun was going to dai pai dong Tung Po. I'm sure there are a few other ones, but I think eating at a dai pai dong is one of those things that you cannot get in the US. So I'd go there and have a nice meal, definitely louder and more rowdy than what I expect, but has a certain charm.