FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Photolog: Tarangire NP, Serengeti, & Ngorogoro Crater (Tanzania)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:12 pm
dereiziger

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Very nice!
Thank you DiMAn0684!

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
I've never even heard of Tarangire, Ngorongoro crater is incredible, the Serengeti was interesting. Likewise, Kilimanjaro was incredible.

Unfortunately something happened to all our film, the images were blue-fogged to uselessness.
I had never heard for Tarangire until I got there. It's a beautiful park just to the west/southwest of Arusha National Park just before you reach Lake Manyara. It's best known for it's Baobob trees and for it's high density of elephants...

I was less impressed with Ngorogoro than I thought I would be. But I think I'd been watching too many documentaries on the Discovery Channel. I found the Serengeti to be my favorite of all the parks visited.... Kilimanjaro, well, I climbed it but not once did I ever see its peak from Moshi as it remained under cloud cover almost every day I was there. But above the cloud line it was always clear -- save for two days where there was rain, but fortunately after I had made camp...