FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA v QF in J - how times have changed!
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:24 am
Nuster
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
BA v QF in J - how times have changed!

I'm not sure there has been any conversation on here about the comparison between QF and BA J seats. I've seen a lot of talk about the new QR seats but not QF.

Historically I have used SQ around APAC and BA back to Europe having been a BA convert since the fully lie flat seat came out 10+ years ago.

I have also tried the CX seat and whilst it is very, very good I found it very hard, a bit open and hard/impossible to get out of in sleep mode.

QR I found just as hard but more space and easier to get out of. And amazing service.

Recently I had the pleasure of trying the new QF J seat. I had previously been turned off with the slopey 2x2x2 configurations and then the moderately improved and flat, but still 2x2x2 seats. However the new seat is a step change above anything QF had before.

It is very private. There is a lot of storage. Great IFE and chargers, plugs etc. Then there was the big pillow, the mattress that the crew set up for me. The duvet that is far superior to BA's First duvet not to mention a different league to the thin blanket in BA's J.

The seat went fully flat and it was as soft as BA's but crucially it was easy to get out of with hand rails on the seat in front that when you pull on, do not move the other pax.

Then they even offer pyjamas, that fit, as well as being a better quality than BA's F.

The length of the bed is huge - bigger than BA's F and no sq cubby hole effect.

I haven't mentioned food as I do not want to start mixing the soft product with the hard and ancillary hard product (although I should mention the senior crew member's greeting and are well to check everything had been fine).

After this I will reevaluate my European travels as I was thoroughly impressed but sad that my decade plus of BA travels may be coming to an end as the competition, even QF, have overtaken BA.