FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 3: Talkboard tensions
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:01 pm
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I do not understand why telling the general membership what is going on within TalkBoard makes TalkBoard "look so poorly in the eyes of those of us on the outside." That conclusion is on you. There can be no doubt -- yes, this is a fact -- that one member (1) consistently votes long after everyone else has voted, thereby delaying implementation of various proposals, (2) missed one critical vote entirely (and this was explained in detail at the time) and (3) engages in extreme pedantry, forcing everyone else to act like obvious typos and the like are matters of great substance. If that behavior is acceptable to you, then more power to you. It is not acceptable to me, and I know that other TalkBoard members agree, whether or not they say so publicly. You may not like the fact that this matter became public, but I have little use for TalkBoard's secrecy in the first place. If our deliberations were public, then my attitude would be perfectly understandable to one and all.

I have no desire to pretend that everybody is getting along beautifully when that impression would be false. The truth is the truth.

Bruce