FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for a special meal/place/event for parents returning to HK for visit?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:53 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Ideas for a special meal/place/event for parents returning to HK for visit?

Hello all --

Thank you all for your advice in separate threads about the HKID and other topics. I have another question that I would love your thoughts on.

I am traveling to HK with my parents who were born there but now lived in the US for 40 years. They have gone back periodically to visit family. We are going later this month.

I was wondering if there's something exciting, interesting, or a great experience I should just definitely take them to see on our trip back there, that you could recommend?

Apologies for being a bit vague -- that is the nature of the issue, I don't myself know exactly.

They grew up there (Kowloon), but are now returning at ~70 years old. My idea is that maybe there is something that they never got to see and now exists, or some great place to reminisce over, or some truly memorable thing to do with them.

A great meal, or some show would be fine but that's not exactly what I mean. (and they would protest at the cost, you probably know the type of HK immigrant parents) We are going to leisurely go around the city as usual, see their old neighborhoods, take care of renewing documents, etc, also go to Macau for a day trip.

Any place, thing, event to see that would be really memorable? Thanks for any tips!